After going nonstop for pretty much the last month, I decided that this past weekend, I needed to squeeze in a little me time. As much as I have loved going out nonstop my girlfriends, saturdays including day drinking followed by showers and normal hour drinking, dating and sundays filled with family activities (father's day, birthdays, graduations), I have been ignoring the stuff on my to do list, including enjoying some time to read, my normal work out routine, sending out resumes, etc. I decided to make this Sunday my day to be lazy and enjoy being by myself. I had a nice saturday dinner and drinks with the girls and went home early to get to bed at a decent hour. After not setting an alarm and turning my phone on silent, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up the next morning at the decent hour of 10 til noon. Sleeping in was followed by a trip to my favorite bagel shop, 2 loads of laundry, 3 re runs of sex and the city, a yoga class, and a sunday night ritual I have not done in months.
![]() |
| This movie is awesome by the way. via |
A movie by myself, a bag of popcorn AND a bag of sour patch kids later, I was feeling very refreshed. I need to remember to continue to put myself first and foremost. What other time in your life are you allowed to be so selfish?!

i agree & love this post.
ReplyDelete