Thursday, April 21, 2011

foreign concepts

Last night, a date introduced me to Ethiopian food. Since I am not picky at all* when it comes to food and trying new things, the actual going on a date part was more of a foreign concept to me. Oh well, I gave it a shot.
First, I was surprised to find out Charlotte actually has an Ethiopian restaurant, and secondly, that it was a hidden gem. Enter The Red Sea. Now to the food. 



And this is what comes out. 
I know what you are thinking - it is actually really good. Order it spicy. And by the way, no forks needed here. Tear a piece of the spongy stuff they stack on your plate and grab a bite. Who doesn't want an excuse to eat with their hands? 

*DISCLAIMER: Not picky at all, except when it comes to sushi. I want to love it, I do. What cool person do you know that doesn't like sushi?? Now I have given it my fair shot and will continue, until hopefully one day I will find the perfect combo or my taste buds change. Until then, I will stick to my edamame and soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment