For the first time,in a long time, I don’t have someone I automatically turn to for companionship, a flirty text, automatic dinner plans or um, after dinner plans. It is just me and you know what, it is a very liberating. I am more independent now than ever. I am one of those girls. I will not only go, BUT ENJOY the following activities by myself: going to a movie at the old school theater on a Sunday night with a mini bottle of vino and raisinettes stashed in my purse; being out of town so I can go to the hotel bar, order a drink, and ease drop; saying, “Just one.” at a restaurant (now I will admit it took me a longg time to not pretend like I was reading or doing anything else important); and basically doing anything I want to do, when I want to do it. Ahhhhh.
"Being single is pretty good.
It's a nice sense of irresponsibility."
- Michael Douglas
No comments:
Post a Comment